Make your own Stocking Stuffers - Bubbles
< Back to List of Homemade Stocking Stuffers
Make your own Bubbles
It's simple to make your own bubble solution. Simply mix the following ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup (or use substitute glycerin from the drug store for longer-lasting bubbles)
- 4 Tbsp dishwashing liquid (some dishwashing liquids smell nice, so you can have apple or lemon scented bubbles!)
- 1 cup water
Place your bubble mixture in an interesting plastic container and let it sit for a few hours (the longer it sits, the better the bubbles).
Some simple container ideas (be sure to put this stocking stuffer gift into a water-tight container or put the entire bubble gift with wand into a plastic bag so it doesn't leak in your Christmas stocking!):
- Plastic margarine container
- Plastic yogurt container
- Tupperware-type containers
To make the gift complete, here are some bubble wand ideas:
- Pipe cleaners bent into interesting shapes
- Plastic drinking straws (single straws make tiny bubbles; tape several together for larger bubbles made up of little bubbles connected together)
- Plastic soda pop 6-pack holder
- Plastic cookie cutters
- A plastic lid (from yogurt or coffee can) with the center cut out
- Be creative - try a strawberry pint basket, or even a rope tied into a circle! We once saw our local bubble lady blow bubbles through a flip-flop!
Running out of time? Check out our selection of inexpensive stocking stuffers - most items under $5!
Shop our stocking stuffer store
© 2004-2006 Vine Design. All Rights Reserved.
The PlumpStocking logo and tagline, "The More the Merrier", are trademarks of Vine Design.